How are Unpatented Mining Claims and Leases Transferred?

In Ontario, the transfers of unpatented mining claims and mining leases are regulated by the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines (the “ENDM”) in accordance with Ontario’s Mining Act (the “Act”). Under the Act, the transfer process for unpatented mining claims is self-directed, while the transfer process for mining leases requires a lawyer. Nevertheless, in all instances, claimholders and leaseholders are well advised to retain a lawyer to assist them with drafting a written agreement for the transfer, which is a necessary precondition to validate any transfer of unpatented mining claims or mining leases.

Read the full article here

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

© Law Exchange International 2021

Web Design by

Web and Graphic Design near Grand Rapids


David Lindgren

Shakespeare House

42 Newmarket Road

Cambridge CB5 8EP


Connect with LEI

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon

Add on Facebook

Add on Twitter

Add on LinkedIn